Assets worth millions of dollars, 6 luxury vehicles unearthed
Bhubaneshwar: Vigilance today uncovered unaccounted-for properties worth millions of dollars belonging to Cuttack’s Additional Commercial Tax and GST Commissioner, Piyush Kanta Pani.
Also Read: Trade Tax and GST Additional Commissioner in Odisha Vigilance net
During search at several locations in Bhubaneswar, Cuttack and Jajpur area, anti-corruption detectives discovered 11 plots, one three storey building, one one storey building and one farm house in Bhubaneswar, three three storey buildings floors and a one-storey building in Jajpur, bank deposits and 6 luxury vehicles registered in the name of the corrupt official and his family.
The following assets were discovered during searches of the residences and offices of Piyush Pani and members of his family:
1) 11 plots in prime area of Bhubaneswar worth around Rs.3.70 Crore as per registered deeds of sale.
2) 1 three storey residential building located at Chakeisihani, Bhubaneswar.
3) 3 numbers of three storey buildings and 1 single storey building located at Chorda Chowk, Jajpur Road, Jajpur.
4) Farm with outbuilding in Andharua, Bhubaneswar.
5) Garage and single storey building in Chakeisihani, Bhubaneswar. Building measurement and assessment/assessment is performed by Vigilance Technical Wing.
6) Bank and insurance deposits worth Rs.53.63 Lakhs.
7) 6 expensive four wheelers.
Details as under:
i) Skoda Octavia bearing Regd. No. OR02-AG-8888 worth Rs.11,29,970/-.
ii) Volkswagen Taigun Bearing Regd. No. OD02-CA-8926 worth Rs.15,00,000/-.
iii) Volkswagen Polo Bearing Regd. No. OR02-BK-6000 worth Rs.8,50,000/-.
iv) Skoda Fabia wearing Regd. No. OR05-AC-9797 worth Rs.9,00,000/-.
v) Skoda Superb bearing Regd. No. OD02-V-6357 is worth Rs.10,50,000/-
vi) Skoda Ameo wearing Regd. No. OD02-BH-7002 worth Rs.7,25,410/-.
8) Gold jewelry 387 grams.
Until the latest report was filed, Vigilance officials were reviewing Pani’s sources for acquiring assets.